Saturday, February 12, 2011

Funnel Cake

Woke up this morning and made funnel cake for breakfast for the kids as a special treat. They loved it, it was pretty awesome. The recipe I used called for lemon-lime soda, made the batter very bubbly, with a slight tangy taste. Made so much batter that we will have to make it again in the morning or after lunch.

I am trying to talk myself into or out of buying an excalibur food dehydrator. I really really want one, but don't know if I will use it enough to get my money's worth out of the machine. I also want a grain mill, to grind my own flour. I have flour right now but want to be able to buy wheat berries and make my own, sometime down the road.

I have been working on the household binder the last few days. I also ordered a survival cd from the best prepping forum ever....APN!!! American Prepping Network, thanks to so many people there who are really helpful, friendly and smart, I am adding to my preps and skills day by day.

I am going to try and make a quilt this next week. I don't know if I can do it, but I sure can try. I know how to sew by hand, I have 3 sewing machines but don't know if any of them work. Guess I will try and work on these things this week as well.

Need to get the drywall for the garage this week and get that done. Also need to do a closet conversion to turn the living room closet (which is a pretty big closet) into a food storage area for my mason jars and extra food preps. DH will be researching and purchasing a few home security essentials the next few weeks. I have been putting these projects off long enough, time to get em done. I want them all done by the end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment