Saturday, February 5, 2011

Work In Progress

That is what I am. I am fairly new to prepping or for that matter to living a more self-sustaining lifestyle. This blog will be a diary for my journey. I have given myself a personal challenge, to learn 52 new skills that I would have never dreamed of trying before. I hear that learning new skills is what every prepper should do. I am giving myself a week to learn each new skill, some things may take 1 day or less, some may take longer.

This past monday I learned how to crotchet, and I also learned how to make homemade blueberry jelly. Not a big deal to most people, but for me it was a great accomplishment. There are so many things that I have never learned to do, but now want to learn very badly. The 52 new skills I will be learning will be prepping/self-reliance related skill sets.

I am usually a super happy and upbeat person, and may not be everyone's cup of tea. I can be socially awkward and say the wrong things frequently. I forget a ton of stuff. Sometimes I feel dumber than a box of rocks. Have numerous little obligations(not talking about the 4 kids here lol). I swear sometimes I feel like I am living in a bubble over here on my little patch of dirt.

Since I have already learned 2 new skills this week, I will begin the next skill on Monday 2-7-11. I will think about what new skill I would like to learn between now and then. Along the way I also hope to learn other skills that may not be prepping related and show pictures around my house/city.

No comments:

Post a Comment