Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ugly

The sad ugly truth is that finally the snow has melted and with that, the true nature of just how bad my yard looks has been revealed. Snow kept the children's toys that they had haphazardly strewn about the yard hidden. My compost bin is not doing what it was supposed to do. A lot of grass died last year from not having enough rain, hoping it will spring back to life.

This last week I have been busy buying prepping related materials. I still need to get a dutch oven and I want to get some enamel coated pots. I have tons of cast iron skillets, and stainless steel stock pots. I also have a lot of teflon coated pots and pans, which I want to do away with. We will be working on getting the new closet pantry done this week now that we have all the needed supplies.

I also went to a goodwill outlet store yesterday, I purchased a tile topped table that is the perfect height for $30. This table will be turned into a portable kitchen island, to give me much  needed counter space when I am cooking, or canning, or dehydrating. The table is just slim enough that I can wheel it out into the attached garage when not in use. We have wheels that have brakes on them that we purchased last year in the hopes of finding a table for that purpose. We are going to stick the wheels on the legs and then try and figure out a good way to add a shelf around the bottom of the table legs.

I hear the sound of children cleaning the yard and hubby using the saw on my shelves guess I better get out there and pitch in. C-ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment